Monday, December 16, 2013

Meet this geeky momma!

     Welcome to my little corner of the Internet!  I want to start off light and just give an overview who I am and what you can expect from Parental Geekery.  I am a mommy of one (for now) three year old boy.  I am married to my best friend who is the best daddy in the world!  We are both geeks...and by geeks I mean we are those types of geeks who are completely unwilling to give up our childhoods, which I think makes being a parent that much more fun!  

    I love video games and cartoons, old and new, and I am guilty of successfully introducing little man to the wonders of the late 80's and 90's.  For example, he is a huge Legend of Zelda fan (he calls it Green) and also loves the original TMNT (Ninja Turtles).  I am careful to play (or allow him to play) appropriate games that don't include blood or anything scary (so mostly NES or SNES games), and only for a short period of time.  I also enjoy my anime, but let's face it, it's tough to find an anime that's appropriate for a three-year-old so I am in between trying to watch while he is sleeping and completely slacking in the anime department.  

   So I think I have made it clear that I will be covering some gaming, cartoon, and other geeky topics within this blog...but besides that I am also known to cook, clean, play ball/blocks/pretend, kiss boo-boos and (unfortunately) discipline, you know mommy stuff.  So join me in my day by day attempt to make it as a parent.  With stories of Little Man's anecdotes, my personal challenges, and hey some product reviews for all of the things I feel make mommyhood easier :).   

   Check back often, I have a lot of great topics I would like to cover within this blog and am really excited to share my thoughts with you!  And feel free to leave a comment, I will take all the feedback I can get!

   





  

No comments:

Post a Comment